Compassion Over Killing Jobs and Employment
Thank you for your interest in joining Compassion Over Killing’s mission!
Our current employment opportunities are listed below.
Our growing team is dedicated to building a kinder world for all animals. We operate two offices in the US—one in the Washington, DC area and the other in Los Angeles, California.
Position Objective: To engage in the research, development, and implementation of corporate campaigns aiming to reduce the use of animal ingredients, increase the availability of vegan options, and reduce the suffering of animals throughout the food industry
Terms of Employment: Full-time, with health benefits, located in DC office or remote
Reports to: Corporate Campaigns Manager
- Assist with various research projects, strategic planning, and goal-setting for corporate campaigns.
- Draft letters, petition updates, and other online and print materials to help cultivate relationships with various food industry representatives and/or further the aims of corporate campaigns.
- Assist with the coordination of ads, celebrity projects, events, and other initiatives to further COK’s campaigns.
- Collaborate with other departments to expand grassroots engagement and volunteer relationships as well as media attention and online presence.
- Help build coalitions within the animal protection movement and with other social justice interests based on shared values.
- Provide administrative support to Corporate Campaigns department including through record-keeping and event tracking.
- Represent COK at various outreach events and conferences to further corporate campaign goals.
- Assist other departments as needed with various tasks or projects including special events and campaigns, such as corporate relations for the DC VegFest and VegWeek.
- Perform other related duties as needed to further the mission of the organization.
- Previous experience in advocacy and/or corporate research/relations preferred. • Strong work ethic, team player, and drive to succeed.
- Excellent research, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization; knowledgeable about vegetarian and factory-farming issues strongly preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically as well as learn quickly.
- Willingness and ability to travel to represent COK as needed at events or meetings, including during evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Corporate Campaigns Coordinator” in the subject line.
Position Objective: To provide high-level operational and administrative support to the executive team to enhance organizational efficiency and help achieve strategic goals.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, with health benefits. Based in our DC-area office
Reports to: Executive Director
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Replying to calls, letters, emails or routing correspondence to/from the executive director
- Provide administrative and accounting support to the executive team and Board, including tracking receipts and completing expense reports
- Draft/format letters and documents; keep files organized, scan items for e-archiving
- Manage and support the executive director’s calendar, schedule/confirm meetings, initiate teleconferences, book travel arrangements, etc
- May involve domestic travel to assist executive
- Update donor database with relevant info from executive such as meeting/call notes, preferred contact methods, monthly donor correspondence, etc as needed. • May include helping with donor gift entry and processing donor correspondence.
- Initiate, manage, and complete various projects that may involve correspondence or planning meetings with staff, departments, consultants, Board, etc
- Assist with preparing and reviewing database reports, track grant schedules and reporting requirements
- Assist with reviewing/researching information as needed for meetings, reports, etc
- Seek and coordinate speaking, networking, or media opportunities for the executive dir or general counsel to further the organization’s presence
- Upkeep of internal weekly and monthly reporting tools as well as coordinating routine staff-wide calls with meeting notes on action items.
- Assist other departments as needed with various tasks or projects including special events and campaigns, such as DC VegFest and US VegWeek
- Perform other related duties as needed to further the mission of the organization
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both verbal and written.
- Time management and scheduling skills
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization; knowledgeable about vegetarian and factory-farming issues preferred.
- Attentive to detail and ability to identify and creatively solve challenges
- Prior use of Salesforce or a similar donor database preferred (or ability to learn quickly)
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary request to email@example.com
Compassion Over Killing is seeking Undercover Investigators to help bring to light the suffering and abuse that farmed animals endure on a daily basis. Our investigations have resulted in criminal charges, animals being rescued, facilities being shut down, animal welfare changes, and countless people making more compassionate food choices.
Being an Undercover Investigator will be one of the most difficult and challenging experiences of your life, but will also be one of the most rewarding and satisfying. You will be required to travel for extended periods of time, work long hours, and perform heavy manual labor in filthy conditions. At the end of it all, the knowledge that you have persevered and have made substantial personal sacrifices in order to educate the public about the reality of how their food is produced as well as save animals from a life of torture and suffering is unparalleled.
A desirable candidate will be highly motivated, quick thinking, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Our investigators abide by all applicable laws and must be able to remain calm, cool, and collected while witnessing horrific acts of animal cruelty.
If you are up for the challenge of being on the front lines in the war against animal cruelty, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back for the latest updates on additional jobs as they are announced and be sure to also consider applying for an internship.