Be the Change: Intern at Compassion Over Killing!
Join our efforts to help make the world a kinder place by starting a Compassion Over Killing internship at our office in Washington, DC! It’s a fun and informative way to get hands-on experience as an effective animal advocate while also gaining a deeper understanding of farmed animal issues and the tools available to spread a message of compassion.
We’re currently accepting applications for Outreach Interns in DC and Legal Interns in CA (details below).
Outreach Internships: DC – Summer positions are filled. Apply now for part time Fall Positions!
Available in DC, our outreach internship program is looking for energetic and committed individuals determined to make a difference for animals. As an intern, you’ll have opportunities to be involved in a diverse range of projects, get active in our national and local campaigns, and network with others in the community.
Full- and Part-Time Positions Available:
- Full-time internships are a minimum of 8 weeks at 30 to 40 hours per week, and are eligible for a minimal commuting stipend upon request.
- Part-time internships are 2 to 8 weeks and/or fewer than 30 hours per week.
- Both modalities are eligible for a minimal commuting stipend upon request.
- If you’re unable to commit to at least 4 weeks, please consider signing up as a volunteer!
More Details and How to Apply:
- Internships are open to current students, and may be applied toward school credit or community service. (If you’re not a student, we’d love to have you as a volunteer!)
- Interns are responsible for finding their own housing and transportation to COK’s office, though transportation to events will be provided.
Apply NOW for Fall 2018!
TO APPLY: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter that includes preferred dates for internship, and full- or part-time position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Compassion Over Killing (COK) is seeking fall, winter, and spring legal externs (unpaid). The externship may be completed remotely or out of COK’s Los Angeles office. Externs must be able to commit to at least 10 hours per week for the duration of the semester.
Extern will work on litigation and administrative law projects aimed at protecting farmed animals. These projects will likely employ a variety of legal theories, relating to areas such as state criminal cruelty laws, false advertising and unfair competition laws, tort liability, environmental protection laws, administrative law, tax, and corporate law.
Externs will work closely with Compassion Over Killing’s attorneys.
Requirements & How to Apply
Excellent research and writing skills are required. Background and interest in animal protection are preferred, but not required. Interested law students should apply with cover letter, resume, writing sample, list of three references, and law school transcript to Compassion Over Killing’s Legal Advocacy Program at email@example.com.