Compassion Over Killing Jobs and Employment
Thank you for your interest in joining Compassion Over Killing’s mission!
Our current employment opportunities are listed below.
Our growing team is dedicated to building a kinder world for all animals. We operate two offices in the US—one in the Washington, DC area and the other in Los Angeles, California.
Position: Social Media Manager
Terms of employment: Full-time
Location: COK’s DC office strongly preferred. Remote candidates will be considered.
Report to: Communications Manager
Position details: Compassion Over Killing is looking for a creative and experienced social media manager to oversee and increase engagement across COK’s social media platforms.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Work with the Communications team, and other departments as needed, to produce content and manage COK’s social media presence across our multiple pages on several platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Monitor trends and popular hashtags on social media and incorporate this content into social media posts
- Engage in continuing professional development, keeping up to date and implementing social media maximization strategies
- Champion new ideas to keep our pages active and current
- Run paid ad campaigns on social media platforms for COK campaigns and events
- Set engagement and growth goals for COK’s social media pages
- Submit social media engagement reports to Communications team
- Collaborate and meet with other team members to brainstorm ways to optimize social media reach and effectiveness
- Increase COK’s crossposting opportunities and mutual social promo relationships with relevant organizations and companies
- Working with design team, produce social media content in real-time based on current trends and relevant news
- Engage with followers by liking or responding to comments and questions
- Perform other duties and assist with other tasks as determined
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of farm animal protection issues is preferred
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Understand of social media metrics and strategy
- Experience in managing and/or producing and posting social media content
- Experience in effectively creating and increasing engagement and web traffic
- Experience in creating and managing popular social media pages and content is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Photography skills are a plus
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, including salary requirement, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media Manager position” in the email subject line.
Compassion Over Killing is seeking Undercover Investigators to help bring to light the suffering and abuse that farmed animals endure on a daily basis. Our investigations have resulted in criminal charges, animals being rescued, facilities being shut down, animal welfare changes, and countless people making more compassionate food choices.
Being an Undercover Investigator will be one of the most difficult and challenging experiences of your life, but will also be one of the most rewarding and satisfying. You will be required to travel for extended periods of time, work long hours, and perform heavy manual labor in filthy conditions. At the end of it all, the knowledge that you have persevered and have made substantial personal sacrifices in order to educate the public about the reality of how their food is produced as well as save animals from a life of torture and suffering is unparalleled.
A desirable candidate will be highly motivated, quick thinking, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Our investigators abide by all applicable laws and must be able to remain calm, cool, and collected while witnessing horrific acts of animal cruelty.
If you are up for the challenge of being on the front lines in the war against animal cruelty, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please check back for the latest updates on additional jobs as they are announced and be sure to also consider applying for an internship.