Compassion Over Killing Jobs and Employment
Thank you for your interest in joining Compassion Over Killing’s mission!
Our current employment opportunities are listed below.
Our growing team is dedicated to building a kinder world for all animals. We operate two offices in the US—one in the Washington, DC area and the other in Los Angeles, California.
Director of Development:
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Executive team
- Supervises: Special projects manager, additional development team members as expansion allows
- Location: Remote (Washington, DC office optional)
- Benefits: Remote work, flexible hours, health benefits, room for advancement into Senior Director of Development & Communications
Salary: competitive. commensurate with experience
As a non-profit farm animal protection charity working to disrupt animal agribusiness and create a kinder world for all, our ability to bring about meaningful and lasting change relies upon philanthropic support from individuals, private foundations, and corporations. The Director of Development is a leadership position that will directly impact and strengthen our capacity to expose the truth through undercover investigations, fight for justice through proactive legal advocacy, wage campaigns for corporate reform, and empower others to stand up for animals by leaving them off our plates.
Design and execute a mission-driven development plan to secure essentials funds and expand our philanthropic support, fueling our work for truth, justice, and compassion.
• Lead Compassion Over Killing’s fundraising programs and activities, implementing best practices, setting goals, and evolving strategies to meet those goals
• Provide strategic direction and incorporate innovative ideas to diversify funding sources, expand our donor base, and secure financial growth
• Manage income programs, grant reporting schedules, and allocation of restricted funds
• Create solicitation materials and funding proposals
• Build strong relationships with our key supporters and top prospects
• Routinely collaborate our executive and senior director teams in identifying elements of our programmatic work to: amplify communications with supporters; seek additional funding including grant requests; help create and implement self-sustaining fundraising opportunities within departments
• Working with/training key staff to be more engaged in fundraising activities
• Develop metrics for success and evaluate fundraising activities to gauge progress
Qualifications/Who We’re Looking For:
• Commitment to the organization’s mission
• Fundraising experience/proven track record in managing successful development program
• Active certification as a Certified Fund Raising Executive or equivalent credential preferred
• Well-qualified candidates should possess at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or nonprofit leadership with fundraising experience.
• Leadership/management experience, specifically in a remote-work environment
• Persuasive writing, effective verbal communication, and strong relationship building skills
• Ability to engage in creative marketing and public relations strategy
• Self driven with a capacity to work both independently and as part of a team, to meet deadlines and goals
• Willingness to travel as needed
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please check back for the latest updates on additional jobs as they are announced and be sure to also consider applying for an internship.