Compassion Over Killing Jobs and Employment
Thank you for your interest in joining Compassion Over Killing’s mission!
Our current employment opportunities are listed below.
Our growing team is dedicated to building a kinder world for all animals. We operate two offices in the US—one in the Washington, DC area and the other in Los Angeles, California.
Position Objective: To oversee and grow Compassion Over Killing’s current national outreach campaigns, as well as develop new, strategic national-level efforts.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, with health benefits.
Primary Responsibilities: Bring about policy changes within major food industries (retailers, restaurants, etc.) that aim to reduce the use of animal ingredients and increase the availability of vegan options.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to encourage major food industries retailers, fast-food chains, grocery stores, and other corporations to add vegan options, and reduce use of meat, dairy, and eggs.
- Cultivate working relationships with various food industry representatives. This may include travel, as needed.
- Assist with corporate research projects as needed for related campaign and outreach efforts, which may include working with COK’s legal and investigation teams.
- Assist in developing and executing public campaigns.
- Collaborate with media and outreach departments to expand existing pro-veg campaigns, including VegWeek, as well as to develop and implement new, innovative campaigns.
- Serve as a spokesperson for COK at various events, conferences, in coalition efforts, and when building partnerships with companies and other organizations.
- Assist other departments as needed with various tasks or projects including special events and campaigns, such as corporate relations for the DC VegFest.
- Perform other related duties as needed to further the mission of the organization.
- Previous experience in advocacy or corporate relations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in related field preferred.
- Strong work ethic, team player, and drive to succeed.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization; knowledgeable about vegetarian and factory-farming issues strongly preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically as well as learn quickly.
- Willingness and ability to travel to represent COK as needed at events or meetings, including during evenings and weekends.
Location: Preferably based in COK’s Takoma Park, MD office (Washington DC), remote may be considered.
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com with “Campaigns Manager” in the subject line.
Compassion Over Killing is seeking Undercover Investigators to help bring to light the suffering and abuse that farmed animals endure on a daily basis. Our investigations have resulted in criminal charges, animals being rescued, facilities being shut down, animal welfare changes, and countless people making more compassionate food choices.
Being an Undercover Investigator will be one of the most difficult and challenging experiences of your life, but will also be one of the most rewarding and satisfying. You will be required to travel for extended periods of time, work long hours, and perform heavy manual labor in filthy conditions. At the end of it all, the knowledge that you have persevered and have made substantial personal sacrifices in order to educate the public about the reality of how their food is produced as well as save animals from a life of torture and suffering is unparalleled.
A desirable candidate will be highly motivated, quick thinking, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Our investigators abide by all applicable laws and must be able to remain calm, cool, and collected while witnessing horrific acts of animal cruelty.
If you are up for the challenge of being on the front lines in the war against animal cruelty, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back for the latest updates on additional jobs as they are announced and be sure to also consider applying for an internship.