Compassion Over Killing Jobs and Employment
Thank you for your interest in Compassion Over Killing jobs and employment opportunities. Our growing team is dedicated to building a kinder world for all animals. We operate two offices in the US—one in the Washington, DC area and the other in Los Angeles, California.
POSITION: Executive Assistant
Position Objective: To provide high-level operational and administrative support to the executive director to improve organizational efficiency.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, with health benefits. Based in our DC-area office.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with replying to calls, letters, emails or routing correspondence to/from the executive director
- Provide administrative and accounting support to the exec. dir, including tracking receipts and completing expense reports, processing and filing financial reports/documents, etc
- Draft/format letters and documents; keep files organized, scan items for e-archiving
- Manage and support the executive director’s calendar, schedule
- May involve domestic travel to assist executive
- Update donor database with relevant info from executive, May include helping with donor gift entry and processing donor correspondence.
- Initiate, manage, and complete various projects that may involve coordination with staff, departments, consultants, etc
- Assist with preparing/reviewing database reports, grant schedules and reporting requirements
- Assist with reviewing, researching information as needed for meetings, reports, etc
- Seek and coordinate speaking, networking, or media opportunities for the executive dir to further the organization’s presence
- Upkeep of internal weekly and monthly reporting tools as well as coordinating routine staff-wide calls with meeting notes on action items.
- Assist with general office management (answering phones, processing info@ email inquiries, incoming/outgoing mail, etc) as needed
- Perform other related duties as needed to further the mission of the organization. This may include assisting with plans for the DC VegFest or US VegWeek campaigns.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both verbal and written.
- Time management and scheduling skills
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization; knowledgeable about vegetarian and factory-farming issues preferred.
- Attentive to detail and ability to identify and creatively solve challenges
- Prior use of Salesforce, expensify or similar systems preferred
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Compassion Over Killing is seeking Undercover Investigators to help bring to light the suffering and abuse that farmed animals endure on a daily basis. Our investigations have resulted in criminal charges, animals being rescued, facilities being shut down, animal welfare changes, and countless people making more compassionate food choices.
Being an Undercover Investigator will be one of the most difficult and challenging experiences of your life, but will also be one of the most rewarding and satisfying. You will be required to travel for extended periods of time, work long hours, and perform heavy manual labor in filthy conditions. At the end of it all, the knowledge that you have persevered and have made substantial personal sacrifices in order to educate the public about the reality of how their food is produced as well as save animals from a life of torture and suffering is unparalleled.
A desirable candidate will be highly motivated, quick thinking, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Our investigators abide by all applicable laws and must be able to remain calm, cool, and collected while witnessing horrific acts of animal cruelty.
If you are up for the challenge of being on the front lines in the war against animal cruelty, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back for the latest updates on additional jobs as they are announced and be sure to also consider applying for an internship.