Take Action for Turkeys: Choose Compassion over Animal Cruelty
This holiday season, millions of families will gather together around the dinner table — with food as the center focus.
Thanksgiving tradition is about celebrating life — and a growing number of Americans are choosing to do so by serving delicious vegetarian fare that everyone, including the turkeys, can be thankful for.
Luckily, it’s easier than ever to find compassionate foods that will fill your Thanksgiving plate. Some of our favorites are listed below and you’ll find more meal and recipes ideas at TryVeg.com.
Be sure to also share our video on Facebook and Twitter as well as send to your friends and family, encouraging them make compassion the centerpiece of dinner table.
If you’re not already a member of Compassion Over Killing, please join now! Your support today will help us build a kinder tomorrow.
Feast on This!
- Tofurky Feast: This popular option includes a stuffed roast with gravy and even comes with dessert.
- Field Roast Holiday Roast: This gourmet roast is a rich and savory sausage-style stuffing made from Field Roast grain meat, fresh cut butternut squash, mushrooms and granny smith apples seasoned with a blend of rosemary, thyme and sage.
- Gardein Holiday Roast: This roast is filled with cranberry wild rice stuffing and comes with gravy.
- Savory Stuffing Recipe: This vegan stuffing recipe makes a perfect savory complement to a vegan roast.
- Chicken-free Gravy: Add more flavor to your meal with this gravy sauce. Can be poured over your Tofurky or mashed potatoes.
- Egg-free Egg Nog: A flavorful and spirited holiday drink.
- Chocolate Truffles: Delicious chocolate morsels — great for setting out at holiday parties.
- Pumpkin Pie: A Thanksgiving favorite, tofu gives this pumpkin pie recipe its creamy texture — but guests won’t know there’s tofu in it.