Start a Compassion Over Killing Internship!
Join our efforts to help make the world a kinder place by starting a Compassion Over Killing internship at our offices in Washington, DC or Los Angeles! It’s a fun and informative way to get hands-on experience as an effective animal advocate while also gaining a deeper understanding of farmed animal issues and the tools available to spread a message of compassion.
We’re currently accepting applications for Outreach Interns and Legal Interns (details below).
Outreach Internships: DC or Los Angeles
Available in DC or LA, our outreach internship program is looking for energetic and committed individuals determined to make a difference for animals. As an intern, you’ll have opportunities to be involved in a diverse range of projects, get active in our national and local campaigns, and network with others in the community.
Full- and Part-Time Positions Available:
- Full-time internships are a minimum of 8 weeks at 30 to 40 hours per week, and are eligible for minimal commuting stipend upon request (amount to be determined).
- Part-time internships are 4 to 8 weeks and/or fewer than 30 hours per week, and are not eligible for a stipend. If you’re unable to commit to at least 4 weeks, please consider signing up as a volunteer!
More Details and How to Apply:
- Internships are open to current students, and may be applied toward school credit or community service. (If you’re not a student, we’d love to have you as a volunteer!)
- Interns are responsible for finding their own housing and transportation to COK’s office, though transportation to events will be provided.
- Applications are accepted year-round (there are no deadlines), but we suggest applying at least one month in advance of your preferred start date.
TO APPLY: send an email to email@example.com with your resume (including 3 references) and a cover letter that includes preferred dates for internship as well as location (DC or LA), and please specify full- or part-time.
We look forward to hearing from you! Have questions? Feel free to contact us at 301-891-2458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compassion Over Killing (COK) is seeking legal interns for Summer 2015 (unpaid). Compassion Over Killing is a national nonprofit (501(c)(3)) animal advocacy organization. Working to end animal abuse since 1995, COK focuses on ending and preventing cruelty to animals in agriculture.
COK’s Legal Advocacy Program is offering Litigation Internships out of its West Coast office in Torrance, California, as well as Policy Internships out of COK’s Washington, D.C. office.
Litigation Interns will work on litigation projects aimed at protecting farmed animals; most of these projects are plaintiffs’ litigation. These projects will likely employ a variety of legal theories, relating to areas such as state criminal cruelty laws, false advertising and unfair competition laws, tort liability, environmental protection laws, administrative law, tax, and corporate law.
Policy Interns will work on diverse projects aimed at improving legislative, regulatory, industry, and corporate policies that impact farmed animals. All Summer Interns will have opportunities to research new projects as well as assist heavily with ongoing projects. They will work closely with Compassion Over Killing’s attorneys.
Excellent research and writing skills are required. In addition, Litigation & Policy Interns should be interested in exploring novel approaches to protecting animals through litigation. Candidates with a background and interest in animal protection are preferred, although it is not required.
How to Apply
Interested law students should apply with cover letter, resume, writing sample, list of three references, and law school transcript to Compassion Over Killing’s Legal Advocacy Program at email@example.com. Please indicate whether you are applying for a Litigation Internship or Policy Internship in the email subject line. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.