Nicole Furlan Races for Compassion
My Fundraising Total
Raised: $4,092.48 | Goal: $9,000.00
Percent Complete: 45.47%
In 2014, I will be running 9 races to help advocate for the 9 billion farmed animals who are raised and killed for food each year in the US — and my goal is to raise a total of $9,000 before I turn 29 on Sept. 16!
Sadly, birds, pigs, and cows raised for food are forced to endure unspeakable abuses on factory farms.This is why I’m vegan. This is why I dedicate my time to work with COK, one of the most influential and dedicated organizations committed to building a kinder world for all animals — and this is why I’m running in these races to help fund our campaigns and investigations:
- March 30: 5th Annual GNBVT Spring Thaw 5K Finished!
- April 6: 20th Annual Officer Thomas J. Giunta Memorial 5K Race Finished!
- April 12: Cosmic Run 5K Finished!
- April 27: 3rd Annual West Island 5K Run Finished!
- May 4: George H. Potter Elementary School 5K Race Finished!
- May 18: Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary Run for the Animals 5K Finished!
- June 15: 40th Annual Fairhaven Father’s Day 10K Race Finished!
- September 1: 34th Annual Acushnet 4mi Race
- September 7: 14th Annual Fort Phoenix 5K Race
Although I never wanted to eat meat throughout my childhood, I officially made the decision to leave animals off my plate for good while I was in college, after being around farm animals and realizing that they are just like us and the pets that we share our lives with. After learning about the horrors of factory farming, I became vegan. I believe that when people learn how animals are treated before being slaughtered for food, they too will choose not to support such cruelty.
With the animal agriculture industry working frantically to keep their practices hidden by silencing and stifling whistleblowers, it is essential for COK to continue conducting hard-hitting undercover investigations and educate the public how to make more compassionate choices. Will you help me reach my goal of $9,000?
Thank you for supporting my races! It means so much to me to be able to accomplish this goal while also helping COK continue their vital work for farmed animals.