THANK YOU: Together, we are changing the world!
As highlighted in our inspiring year-in-review video, Compassion Over Killing has been able to achieve groundbreaking progress and victories for farm animals in 2016, thanks to your generosity and support!
- Our brave investigator uncovered for the time ever the horrors hidden inside chicken breeding factory farms
- We successfully persuaded three top poultry companies to end the barbaric practice of using nose “bones”
- We helped make history in MA with the passage of Question 3 to protect farm animals from cruel confinement
- Big Dairy settled a price-fixing lawsuit sparked by COK – consumers can now file claims for part of $52M
- In the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, COK argued why the FDA should mandate truth in egg labeling, including full disclosure of “eggs from caged hens.”
- COK is also urging the USDA to protect consumers from misleading claims (ie. “humane” or “animal-friendly”) on other food products.
- And just last week, COK filed a legal complaint against Quality Pork Processors in MN, calling for an investigation into animal cruelty our investigator documented on hidden camera. This pig slaughterhouse exclusively supplies Hormel.
- COK’s free all-vegan DC VegFest was bigger than ever this year = 20,000+ smiles!
- and so much more!
See the power of Compassion: more of COK’s highlights from 2016 below (click to enlarge)!
We know still have a long way to go. We know there are changes and challenges to come in the new year. But with you standing strong at our side, COK is more determined than ever in our mission to build a kinder world for all.