This Thanksgiving, let’s give the turkey something to be thankful for – compassionate cooking! In this season of gratitude, we are choosing to show our appreciation for these intelligent and social animals by leaving them OFF our plate.
While some turkeys (like Marley, Lennon, and Jean, pictured right) are lucky and end up at animal sanctuaries across the country, each Thanksgiving 46 million turkeys are not so lucky. Keeping the spirit of compassion alive through tradition is important, so we’ve whipped up three irresistible ways to celebrate with your family that everyone — including turkeys — can enjoy.
Whether you’ve got a day or a week to prepare, or are cooking for one or twenty, we guarantee you’ll find something heart-warming and palate-pleasing on our three expertly-curated menus.
Just be careful: These will inspire jealousy in fellow pot-luckers, and may result in several requests for second and third portions!
Classic & Simple
Total cooking time: 1.5 hours, including soaking, chilling, and prep
- Get ‘em hooked: Veggies & Ranch dip
- Bring ‘em Bread: Best Damn Vegan Biscuits
- Main Course: Tofurky Roast
- Served with Mashed Potatoes with Gravy and Maple Glazed Carrots
- Spoil ‘em: Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
New & Extravagant
Total cooking time: 3.5 hours, including chilling and prep
- Get ‘em hooked: Cauliflower Wings
- Bring ‘em bread: Jalepeno Cheddar Biscuits
- Main Course: Veggieducken (see video below!)
- Served with Cranberry Balsalmic Brussel Sprouts and Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Spoil ‘em: Truffles or Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Best of Both Worlds
Total cooking time: 2 hours, including chilling and prep