Los Angeles, California is famous for its stars, beaches, and lucky for us, its status as a true mecca of vegan and vegetarian fare. And with Compassion Over Killing’s Fall 2014 edition of the Vegetarian Guide to Los Angeles, it’s easier than ever to find the best animal-friendly options in the “City of Angels!”
Hot off the press, our handy 20-page guide, which is distributed and available online for free, is loaded with more than 200 veg-friendly listings — from restaurants and bakeries to hotels and food trucks.
Here are just a few highlights that you will find in our veg guide to Los Angeles to whet your appetite:
- Three vegan chains: The Veggie Grill, Native Foods, and Real Food Daily (with a new space inside LAX) — all born in Southern California.
- New kids on the block: NV-DA is an all-vegan organic and raw cafe and juice bar; Satdha serves vegan Thai specialties; the Cabana Restaurant at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills is sporting a new vegan menu by Spork Foods; and the all-vegan grocery Viva La Vegan has a new Santa Monica outpost.
- Speaking of sweets: Breakaway Bakery offers an array of vegan goods from bagels to babka, and Fonuts spoils us with baked vegan donuts in fancy flavors like Coconut Passion Fruit and Banana Cinnamon.
- Go international: Visit Shojin for gourmet vegan sushi. Happy Veggie dishes out delicious Thai curries. Indian cafe Samosa House makes a great – you guessed it, samosa. And Gracias Madre boasts the best Mexican food around.
- Craving Soul Food?: Try Stuff I Eat, Doomie’s Home Cookin’, or Southern Fried Vegan.
Are you getting hungry yet? Order your FREE copy of COK’s new Vegetarian Guide to Los Angeles now or download a PDF today! It’s a proposition too tasty to resist!
Be sure to also check out VegGuide.org for more restaurant listings nationwide and abroad.