Looking back at 2013, we hope you’re as inspired as we are by all of the accomplishments your dedication and support made possible! Now, as we look forward to 2014, we’re excited by the opportunities for progress – and we hope you’ll help us keep the momentum throughout the year.
A new year is a wonderful time to set resolutions and establish plans for working towards those goals.
We’re nearly a week into the New Year: How are you doing with your resolutions? In case you need a few fresh ideas, here are some that will not only better yourself today, but will also create a more compassionate tomorrow:
- Choose vegan foods. They’re delicious, fun, easy, and we’ve got tons of recipes and other resources to help get you started. Already vegan? Encourage five of your vegan-to-be friends to participate in Meatless Mondays.
- Take charge of your health. Watch Forks Over Knives and subscribe to NutritionFacts.org. When you reach your peak fitness, run a “Race for Compassion!”
- Build a more meaningful career. Volunteer to learn how you can effect change for animals everyday, or hone your outreach skills with an internship in our DC or LA office.
- Reach out on your own. Ask local restaurants to offer vegan meals, hand out Easy Vegan Recipes around your community, and spread the message through meaningful conversation that you can help start by wearing our popular “Ask Me Why I’m a Vegetarian” t-shirt.
- Join our efforts. Become a member of COK and sign-up for our eNewsletter to stay up-to-date on our campaigns for animals.
What’s your New Year’s resolution? Let us know by posting a comment on our Facebook page!