Los Angeles is famous for its stars, beaches, and lucky for us, its status as a true mecca of vegan and vegetarian fare. And with COK’s Fall 2013 edition of the Vegetarian Guide to Los Angeles, it’s easier than ever to find the best animal-friendly options in the “City of Angels!”
Hot off the press, our handy, 20-page pocket-brochure—which we distribute for free to tens of thousands of Los Angelenos—features more than 200 veg-friendly restaurants, hotels, bakeries, farmers market stands, food trucks, and grocers. You’ll also find a new section on vegan meal delivery services!
Here are a few highlights to whet your appetite.
- Three vegan chains: The Veggie Grill, Native Foods, and Real Food Daily — all born in Southern California.
- Exciting new kids on the block: Dr. J’s Vibrant Cafe, serving healthy rice and noodle bowls; The Grain Café, offering waffles, crepes, and fresh-roasted coffees; Wild Food and Juice, nourishing us with natural smoothies and juices; and Maddy’s, dishing out decadent soy and almond milk gelatos.
- Speaking of sweets: newly-added Breakaway Bakery offers an array of vegan goods from bagels to babka, and Fonuts spoils us with baked vegan donuts in fancy flavors like Coconut Passion Fruit and Banana Cinnamon.
- Go international: Check out Shojin for gourmet vegan sushi. LA Vegan Crepe dishes out delectable French pastries, including croissants. Happy Veggie offers fabulous Thai curries and noodles. Indian cafe Samosa House makes a great–you guessed it, samosa. And we’re getting our very own all-vegan Mexican restaurant in December when Gracias Madre opens its doors.
- Craving Soul Food?: Try Stuff I Eat or Doomie’s Home Cookin’.
Order your FREE copy of COK’s new Vegetarian Guide to Los Angeles now or download the PDF. Be sure to also check out VegGuide.org for more restaurant listings nationwide and abroad. It’s a proposition too tasty to resist!