If you’ve been making several stops each week to Whole Foods’ prepared foods section for the delicious vegan chicken salads, you’ll be glad to know that you’re now able to satiate your appetite for that incredibly realistic plant-based chicken made by Beyond Meat now that the business has rolled out its first retail products!
The innovative company introduced the Lightly Seasoned Chicken-Free Strips, Grilled Chicken-Free Strips, and Southwest Chicken-Free Strips—now available in 12-oz. packages in the refrigerated section of natural retailers nationwide—to give people a healthy, affordable, and animal-friendly option to replace chicken in salads, sandwiches, wraps, soups, and any other dish.
“Our goal is to provide consumers with clean, plant-based proteins that perfectly replicate the taste, texture, and nutritional benefits of meat,” said Ethan Brown, Beyond Meat Founder and CEO. “We share our customers’ enthusiasm for improving their health, reducing their ecological footprint, and improving animal welfare, and are happy to be of service one savory, delicious, protein-packed bite at a time.”
Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips are made with a blend of pea and soy protein offering consumers 18 grams of protein per 3 ounce serving and 120 calories. Plus, these plant-based strips have no saturated or trans fat and are cholesterol-, gluten-, dairy-, meat-, egg-, GMO-, hormone-, antibiotic- and guilt-free! They’re also convenient. Since the strips are already cooked and seasoned, it’s easy to toss them into any recipe without any preparation, perfect for busy, hungry people—that’s all of us, right? What are you waiting for? Head over to Whole Foods, and then get cooking with the recipe below:
Beyond Meat Southwest Chicken-Free Wrap
Makes 4-6 wraps
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 sandwich wraps (10 inches each)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 12 oz Beyond Meat Southwest Chicken-Free Strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, jalapenos, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread sandwich wraps with sour cream sauce, leaving a 2-inch border.
- In center of wraps, layer equal amounts of baby spinach, shredded Beyond Meat chicken-free strips, black beans, tomato, onion, and avocado.
- For each wrap, fold two sides of wrap over filling, then roll tightly, ending seam side down.