As 2012 comes to a close, it’s the perfect time to look ahead to the coming year with hope. Hope for a kinder future for animals, an improved planet and optimal health for yourself. A new year offers a fresh start, a time to set new goals for yourself and expand your possibilities!
At Compassion Over Killing, we’re thrilled to look back on the many milestones that you helped us reach in 2012 — and we’re looking forward to an even more effective 2013.
Right now, we’re setting new goals that will continue the momentum of our advocacy work, and we hope you’ll join us in resolving to help even more animals in the coming year!
With meat consumption declining — down 12 percent in just the last 5 years — and dairy consumption continually declining, we’re optimistic about the future for farmed animals. Let’s work together to bring an end to the needless suffering of these animals.
What’s your New Year’s resolution? Let us know by posting a comment on our Facebook page!
Need some New Year’s resolution ideas? Here are a few ideas:
1. Choose vegan: it’s delicious, fun, easy, and there are so many resources out there to help get you started.
2. Already vegan? Get at least 5 of your vegan-to-be friends or family members to participate in Meatless Mondays, and offer them free delicious veg recipes to help them further down the path to vegan eating!
3. Volunteer at least once a month with an animal protection organization. (Hint: We’re always accepting volunteers and interns in our DC and LA offices!)
4. Reach out on your own: Ask local restaurants to offer vegan meals, hand out Vegetarian Starter Guides around your community and spread the message through meaningful conversation that you can help start by wearing our popular “Ask Me Why I’m a Vegetarian” t-shirt.
5. Watch — and share — and health-related video a day – subscribe on NutritionFacts.org.