On Sat., Sept. 22, thousands of people will gather at the spacious Yards Park to explore – and celebrate – the best of everything vegetarian in and around the nation’s capital at the fourth annual DC VegFest.
Co-organized by Compassion Over Killing and the Vegetarian Society of D.C., this FREE outdoor event highlights the many benefits of choosing vegetarian foods and shows how easy and delicious it is to leave animals off our plates.
The DC VegFest has something for everyone. What is there to look forward to?
- engaging speakers and cooking demonstrations
food samples from Gardein, Field Roast, The Vegg, Daiya, Beyond Meat (at
the Conscious Corner booth) and more
- a beer and wine garden hosted by Bread & Brew
- over 100 exhibitors, including more than a dozen food vendors such as Amsterdam Falafel, Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats, Dama Ethiopian and Everlasting Life Café.
- a kids’ activity area with crafts, storytelling, face painting, and more
- free cholesterol tests hosted by NutritionFacts.org
- dog stations through the venue offering free treats, water, and clean-up bags
- rescued dogs available for adoption through the Washington Humane Society
- and much more
There will also be American Sign Language interpreters so everyone can enjoy our special guest speakers, including CNN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell, vegan ultra-athlete, Rich Roll, Cucpake Wars champion and owner of Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats Doron Petersan, and nutrition expert Dr. Michael Greger. See our full list of speakers and the event schedule.
Plus, the first 1,000 attendees will get a free 2012 DC VegFest commemorative bag loaded with veg-friendly products, coupons and more!
What else is going on the DC VegFest? You’ll have to be there to find out — but be sure to bring your appetite, your friends, and be prepared to have fun!
Additionally, thanks to DC Mayor Vincent Gray, September 22, 2012 is now officially recognized as “DC VegFest Day!”